New York Affordable Assisted Living Facility Suffolk County, Long Island

They are all in either shared or private rooms. They are basic with a closet, a bed, and a dresser. The community is very clean They have all sorts of activities. They have bingo, art classes, and other stuff.

mcpeak's nursing home

The staff is attentive to the residents and truly try to please everyone. Be very careful with this place...front door does not lock...skelton staff on weekends...first thing done was diapers and drugs. Needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding. They were very friendly and took great care of my father. The only thing I didn’t like -- which was no big deal -- we just thought there was a lot of wheelchairs and things in the hallway. Overall, it was a nice place as long as I could keep my mother on the first floor if she went there.

Services

The rooms were nice, and everything around was kept very nicely.

mcpeak's nursing home

In addition to a full range of social and recreational activities, McPeak's offers Private and Semi-Private rooms with bath ensuites. There is a beauty shop on the premises. Four lounges with flat screen TVs. You also enjoy freedom from housekeeping chores and worries. There is no need to shop, cook and clean, day in and day out.

The Patchogue Area

When they get to a stage, they are moved to another facility. I met three ladies on our way out that seemed like they would be good friends for her. Does your staff try to match up people? The place was clean but was totally different than Assistant Living.

mcpeak's nursing home

The only place I'm able to see him would be a certain area designated for visitation. From what he's telling me, the activities sound very good and very interesting. It could be anywhere from table bowling to discussions about current events, movies, and some stretching activities. The only thing is they don't have it on the weekends. Value for money is excellent because it's about a third the cost of what it normally would be in New York.

Assisted Living Reviews for McPeak's Assisted Living

With the freedom to come and go as you please. They had activities, and if I decided to bring my mother anywhere, it would've been that one. It's a small community, but they had recreation for the small group. They were playing Bingo at the time.

mcpeak's nursing home

I met many people who lived there and the facilities I saw looked excellent. I helped one of the everyday works with a bingo day that many people enjoyed. The staff was extremely friendly and helped me find where I had to be. Everything looked very clean and the outside was well manicured. I hope one day I can go back to McPeaks and once again provide any help I can. We offer a full-range of social and recreational activities to fill a resident's day.

A Standard of Excellence for Our Residents

All activities are carefully supervised. My father is in McPeak's Adult Home. I like that it is local, and the food is very good. All the ladies that take care of him are wonderful.

Located in a residential community, just blocks from downtown Patchogue, NY. My grandmother went in last year in the spring after she broke her hip and leg falling down a small set of steps in her home. She didnt like being away from home at first but I think she enjoys having company all day. When we visit her we usually do it outside, the nurse wheeles her out on the patio and we visit her there. When it is cold we can hang out in the home. They throw all sorts of parties and I cannot say enough abotu the staff.

There have been a few minor issues but nothing major. Staff that was problematic leaves as quick as they come. We are at the point now where she does not want to live on her own anymore and we are very happy for that,. Its more of a home setting than a hospital. Caring.com is a leading online destination for caregivers seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses, and other loved ones. We offer thousands of original articles, helpful tools, advice from more than 50 leading experts, a community of caregivers, and a comprehensive directory of caregiving services.

mcpeak's nursing home

The dining area was nice and small. I like that everybody ate the same thing. You didn't have to pick off a menu. If they didn't like what they were serving, they would get them a hamburger or something. MCPEAK'S is well staffed and small enough to provide very personal service. A clean, comfortable surrounding with an elevator, and a Japanese garden on a completely fenced property.

Nearby Senior Living in Patchogue

The person feels like they're living in a home with dignity instead of being in kind of a hotel-like setup. We provide 24-hour per day, supervised care in a comforting, home-like setting in our historic Patchogue, New York assisted living facility. All staff are highly trained to provide friendly, personal assistance for the daily activities of our residents. All at one-third the cost of a typical Long Island, New York assisted living facility. For school, I had to do 10 hours of community service. Part of those 10 hours included 4 at McPeaks assisted living on Long Island.

mcpeak's nursing home

I'm always in constant contact with the case manager. If there are any problems or issues, they let me know right away. They've been very good with Covid. They've been protecting the people there very well.

The food is not like a restaurant, but it's better than just a nursing home. My relative says the food is pretty good. He gets recreation and they keep them busy during the day. It's a very hands-on place and very personalized.

There have not been any issues like other places, so that's another important thing. It's like being in a home, so it's a more comforting thing than just being like in a nursing home. Because of Covid, I'm not seeing the staff directly, but my interactions with them have been positive and he's telling me that they treat him very well. It's very clean from what I can tell. Every time I come in, it smells like they cleaned it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paddy's Pub It's Always Sunny in Philadelpha, Los Angeles Roadtrippers

24 California Home Designs That Will Make You Consider West Coast Life

Bigger House Cats: Exploring the Top 10 Large Domestic Cat Breeds